Statcounter

Taking Pictures of People Taking Pictures of Us!

It became evident to us from the very beginning that the Archimedes draws people's attention.  I'd like to dedicate this post to all those folks who stop what they are doing to get a quick picture of the Arc as we cruise past.  I took all of these pictures yesterday in a period of two hours of our passage from Oleta River State Park in North Miami to Dania Beach. It should be noted that this is probably only about 1/3rd of the people we "SAW" taking a picture. It's hard to catch the shot of them taking the picture and I missed way more than I got.

We get just as many or more "thumbs up" as we do people taking pictures!  It seems people get excited about a big solar boat. Check this out!



This picture was an accidental 2 for 1 shot!  I had no idea the lady on the balcony was even there!  I was taking a picture of the couple on the side of the waterway.


We see people come out onto their balcony to take a picture all the time. Sometimes they run back inside and come back with a couple more people and their camera.


Many folks passing by the waterway see us and stop  to take a photo.


My camera just missed catching this lady with her camera in position.


This man stopped his car to get out and get a shot!


I am lucky to catch anyone taking pictures from a moving boat.  But I did pretty good with this one.


These two came over specifically to take the picture and stopped us to ask questions.
Do you have an electric motor?
Yep!


This couple was waiting for the draw bridge to open when they spotted us.


We see this a lot too.  
Again, it's hard to catch them in the act of taking pictures!


This lady was on a water taxi. We often see multiple flashes from  ferry boats and I'm going catch that one day soon, I've decided to make hobby out of taking pictures of people taking pictures of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment