Statcounter

March 20, 2023 Update - Salon Mini Split

 We got the mural put on the wall in mid February but had to wait for a good day to install the mini-split.  Thankfully, that day finally arrived and Carter installed it back on the wall with the mural in place.  It looks GREAT!  We are pleased with the results.  We now are stuck until Carter can find the correct wire to connect and run the thing.  Lowes was out of the correct wire and we thought we had found an appropriate replacement but alas, when we got it home and Carter read the fine print, it will not work.  So, back to Lowes or Home Depot.


While I had everything all tore up, it became obvious that it is time to further the salon to the next level.
We need to find a cabinet maker who needs air conditioning.  I would like to make the 2 sofas connect with a corner piece.  I made these cushions and covers about 10 years ago and I just washed them during this installation and noticed a rip in one of the covers.  I'm looking at fabric to match the mural but I also realize that I would like to get the sofas reconfigured before spending a lot of money on fabric.  That won't be fast enough for me as patience is not one of my virtues.

Another addition we made to the salon is the addition of another solar panel as a table in between us.  It's working pretty good.


I am ready to change out the fishing poles on the wall behind me but Carter refuses even thought they are broken.  He hasn't touched them since he put them up there 10 years ago and I never dusted them until last week.  The dust bunnies were unbelievable.  I want to put our pirate hats there.
And I'm still working on the upper wall.  I want to cut a frame for our picture of the Arc in the LaBelle Christmas Parade but I don't have a cutting mat neccessary to cut the wood.  I have a 12x12 but I need the 24x12 one.  It'll have to wait until I    1) find one down here in Palatka or 2) go back to TN and find one the right size.  Also, the Welcome Aboard clock we got in St. Maarten is broke and Carter and I are having a difference of opinion on getting rid of it.

Along with the project of installing the mini-split came the cleaning of the bathroom.  I told Carter I would not clean the bathroom and hang fresh shower curtains until this project was complete and the ceiling was put back up.  He got 1/2 of this complete so I went ahead and cleaned.  I hate to admit just how disgustingly dirty that bathroom had become.  It's clean now by golly!!

I started this process by taking out the teak items and cleaning them, then wiping them with teak oil.

It's really nice to have our shampoo-soap holder back in place.


And the shower & sump floor grates look better too.


I'll take a picture of the bathroom with it all put back together today.

No comments:

Post a Comment